My apologies loyal followers and guests. It has been so long since I have written a new post! I had hoped to start writing more since I moved (back in November), but I haven’t quite figured out my flow yet.
Many of you have mentioned that its been difficult this winter with as much snow as we have had. I can understand. Though I am a person that is content with being at home, I do like to go out as well! With the weather such as it has been it certainly has been difficult to get motivated to go anywhere, or even do things around the house. It’s been really easy to hide under the covers and get sucked into the Netflix queue.
What’ s the winter been like for you? Are you playing in the snow with your kids, getting projects done inside of the house, or do you find yourself doing a lot of eating and sleeping each evening and weekend?
Think about how you could motivate yourself! The new year is a time where we set goals and resolutions. Have you been keeping up with them? Maybe this is an opportunity to check in with yourself about your hopes and dreams – for the future and for today. Can you mindfully live in the present? Can you appreciate your right now?
Some ideas for coping and thriving while we wait for spring:
- plan a vacation – get away for the weekend soon, or think ahead to the summer
- make yourself a cup of hot tea and curl up with a book you’ve been wanting to read
- go out, but stay indoors – check out a concert, movie, or go to a coffee house
- take an online class, research something new, or go through that pile of paperwork that never seems to get put away
- check out meetup.com to connect with others and find new hobbies
- play a board game or get out a deck of cards – with the family or some friends
- start an indoor project – check out Pinterest for some budget friendly ideas for updating your living space
- start a blog – what would you want to write about?
- start your spring cleaning early – you don’t have to wait for spring to have a yard sale, just throw it up on eBay or craigslist
Please comment with any ideas that you might have! Stay warm, and I will talk to you soon 🙂